If the printer not connected to the Wi-Fi and you are in search of the printer solution, then you are at the right place, because here in this article, we have penned the printer troubleshooting steps to solve Why is my printer not connected to the Wi-Fi?. Therefore, the users should carefully read the complete information until the end and apply the steps as mentioned here below to get rid of the printer error.
There are different causes behind this printer error. One of the possible reasons behind the printer problem is that the USB cable is damaged or the computer is not detecting the printer.
Maybe there is some issue with the printer driver, if you are facing the printer not connected error, then follow the necessary printer troubleshooting steps to fix the printer error.
For what reason won’t my printer associate with my remote switch?
Investigating this issue will differ contingent upon the kind of printer you have and the sort of PC you’re matching it with. Why is my printer not connected to the Wi-Fi? The procedure for setting up a printer on a remote system varies a piece from printer to printer, and fixing the issue will be distinctive in the event that it had been recently associated without issue or in case you’re having issues with the underlying arrangement.
The main activity is to check the documentation that accompanied the printer and adhere to the directions for associating with a system. You ought to have the option to discover a duplicate on Canon’s help webpage in the event that you have lost the first (or on another maker’s site on the off chance that you don’t have a Canon printer).
By and large, with printers, you can utilize the circle or over-the-air establishment programming that accompanied the printer and run the arrangement program again if something has changed with your Wi-Fi organize. Follow the on-screen prompts (which will most likely expect you to interface the printer to your PC utilizing a USB link), and it ought to reconnect to your system.
Fixes to resolve printer not connected to the Wi-Fi Error
To fix the printer not connected error there are various methods, so the clients are suggested to follow the printer troubleshooting steps as instructed here below and get rid of the printer error.
Fix 1: Check the printer connection
1. Restart your printer
- First of all, power off and On it once again and wait for it to get fully ready.
2. Check the connection issue
- If you have connected the printer through the USB cable, then make sure that the cord should not be damaged and should get connected firmly and correctly.
- In case, if the printer gets connected via a wireless network or Bluetooth, for that follow the steps mentioned in the user manual to get the device connected to the printer to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth properly.
3. Check the network connection
- If there would be any network issue, then it may give rise to the printer not connected error.
- Make sure that the internet connection should work when you are using the printer.
Fix 2: Update the printer driver
The users are suggested to check that the printer driver should be up-to-date. Hence, there are two ways of updating the printer driver, therefore, scroll down and follow the printer troubleshooting steps as instructed here below.
There are to ways to update the printer driver.
- The user can update the printer driver manually from the manufacturer and install it into your computer.
- Make sure that the driver downloaded should be the latest correct version that’s compatible with your Windows system.
- The user can update the driver automatically either with the Free or Pro version of driver easy.
- First of all, download and install the printer easy.
- Now run the driver comfortable and after that click on the Scan now button.
- The driver easy will scan the computer and detect if there would be any printer error.
- To automatically download and install the correct version of the printer driver, click on Update All.
- Now to see the effect, restart the computer.
Fix 3: Troubleshoot printer issues
- To diagnose and fix the printer error, use the troubleshooting tool. Here we have mentioned the printer troubleshooting steps for how to do it.
- Initially, open the control panel in your computer.
- Now from there click on the Devices and Printers option.
- After this, find your printer and click on the printer and select troubleshoot.
- Now let the computer troubleshoot the printer error and follow the on-screen instructions to fix the printer problem.
Fix 4: Restart the Print Spooler Service
The function of printer spooler is to print jobs and handles interactions with the printer. If the printer not responding, then the user won’t be able to see the printer, and the printer won’t get connected. So, restart the printer spooler service to fix the issue.
- Press the Windows logo key and R together on the keyboard.
- After this, type services.MSC and click OK.
- Now scroll down and find the printer spooler service.
- If the printer spooler service is running, then click on the service and stop it.
- After this, right click on the service and click “Start” to restart the service.
- If the printer spooler service is not working correctly, then for that right click on the service and click on start to execute the service
- Now restart the computer and try to print again and check if the printer gets connected.
So, we hope that the printer troubleshooting steps penned in this post regarding Why is my printer not connected to the Wi-Fi? Helpful for all of you. Please do share this post with other users who are also facing the printer not connected issue, so that they can also get relief of the printer problem. If anyhow the user fails to fix the printer not connected issue, then without wasting your time, immediately get in touch with the professionals of printer service and get an instant printer help from the experts.