Hp is one of the most popular brands in the market today. Many people prefer to purchase Hp printer for their official as well as personal use. Once the customer purchases the printer, then setting up a new printer is very straightforward, as the user has to connect the necessary cables to the printer and have to install the printer software.
However, some clients face printer error while connecting the machine to the computer. This error occurs along with a message “Device setup failed to complete” or is indicated by a small “X” in the lower right corner of the screen.
Such printer error is frustrating when they appear while doing the work and it also affects the work. That is why for all Hp victims we have here mentioned What Are The Steps To Fix Device Setup Failed Message On Hp Printers? Therefore, scroll down and read the necessary printer troubleshooting steps and get relief of the printer error.
Cause for Device Setup Failed Message In Hp Printer
Before, you look for the printer troubleshooting steps, first of all, get aware of printer error. Here we have discussed some causes which lead to Device Setup Failed Message. So, after reading the reasons, proceed to the steps penned below.
- The printer might have got affected by the malware or the viruses.
- There are specific plugins that interfere with the Hp printer software.
- The damaged USB connection between the Hp printer and the computer could be the reason for this printer error message.
- If the user tries and connects the cable before it is required, then this kind of printer error gets display on the screen.
Solution to fix Device Setup Message On Hp Printers
There are various methods to fix the printer error “Device Setup Failed Message”, therefore, here we have discussed the simple and easy printer troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, therefore follow the same as instructed here below, we hope that the steps penned here would be helpful for all of you to get rid of the printer error.
Solution 1: Reconnect the USB cable to the Hp printer
- First of all, disconnect the USB cable from the back of the printer and as well as from the computer too.
- Now, wait for 10 to 15 seconds.
- After this, reconnect the cable to the printer and the computer.
- Press the USB cable firmly and make sure that the connection is secure.
- If the printer error remains the same, then try to replace the USB cable.
Solution 2: Uninstall the Hp Printer Driver and Software
- Initially remove the USB cable from the printer.
- Now, go to the windows option and from there open the control panel.
- In the control panel, select programs and features and then search for Hp printer name.
- Now, click on the Uninstall option and then click on Yes to confirm.
- After this, follow the on-screen instructions to remove the software.
- When it gets uninstalled completely then, restart the computer.
- Now, when you are back online, then reinstall the Hp printer from scratch.
Solution 2: Delete Unnecessary files and clear the disk space
- Before reinstalling the printer software delete unnecessary files.
- Now, click on the windows menu and from there search for “Disk Cleanup.”
- After this, select the C drive, and click ” Free up disk by deleting unnecessary files.”
- The tool will scan the system and will show a list of files which one can delete.
- Now, delete the relevant files and then restart the computer.
As hereabove in this post, we have mentioned the What Are The Steps To Fix Device Setup Failed Message On Hp Printers? We hope that the printer troubleshooting steps discussed above were helpful for all of you. But, while trying these solutions you face any problem, then immediately get in touch with the printer service team and ask them to provide a perfect and easy solution for the printer error.