The printer prints the document when it is online or connected with the computer. There are many conditions which are faced by clients. The users won’t be able to print the document until the printer is in online mode. Therefore, turn the printer ON and wait for few seconds to change its status from offline to online.
Unfortunately, turning the printer from offline to online is not an easy task. But here we have discussed the simple and straightforward printer troubleshooting steps to fix the printer offline status.
There could be several reasons behind the window is unable to detect the printer connected to the network or the computer. So, here we have penned a few solutions to get rid of the printer offline error.
A lot of users face printer showing offline status issue, and they all are suggested to take immediate action to fix the printer error. There could be various reasons associated with the printer showing offline error.
How to Troubleshoot Printer Offline Status on Windows 7
A “printer disconnected” status on Windows proposes that the framework neglected to speak with the associated printer. That can occur because of blunders in association, poor arrangements, flawed drivers, or if there are a lot of print occupations pending in the print line. Steps Taken To Fix Printer Offline Status Issue notwithstanding, you won’t have the option to take printouts except if you turn the printer on the web. Numerous individuals grumble that their printer props up disconnected on Windows 7, and that can be because of numerous causes; so you need to begin investigating the blunder from the scratch.
Ensure the Print Connections is Fine
Right off the bat, guarantee that USB link used to interface the printer to the PC isn’t free or harmed. Whenever required, supplant it. Likewise, attempt to unplug the USB link and reboot the PC and the printer. Likewise, guarantee that the printer is associated with a working divider attachment or electrical extension to wipe out the two prospects. In the event that on the off chance that it is a remote printer, restart the Wi-Fi switch since that may likewise cause organize disappointments making the printer to go disconnected.
Methods to solve Printer Offline Status Issue
There are many different methods to deal with the printer showing offline status and are readily available, but for all clients, we have here penned the necessary Steps Taken To Fix Printer Offline Status Issue. Therefore scroll down and carefully read the complete steps in brief and apply the same as instructed here below.
Step 1: Power Cycle Devices
- Initially, turn the printer off and the computer as well.
- After this, power on the printer and wait until it gets connected to the network.
- If you are using a USB cable, then wait until the printer is finished starting up.
- Now turn the computer and see, if it is still showing the printer offline error or not.
Make sure that the printer is fully turned off and should not in power saving mode.
Step 2: Use Printer Software
- If the printer error remains the same, then try to use the printer software that comes with the printer.
- It would help to detect the printer on the network and fix the issue that is causing the printer showing offline issue.
Step 3: Set Printer Online
- Sometimes, it happens that the printer is online and connected; the settings get misconfigured.
- Now open the printer queue by going to the Devices and Printers in Control Panel and double-clicking on the printer.
- Here click on the printer in the menu bar and then make sure to uncheck the “Pause Printing” and “Use Printer Offline” option.
Step 4: Run the Troubleshooter
- If the issue is with the windows printing subsystem, then running the troubleshooter might be helpful to fix the issue.
- Once you see the run troubleshooter link, click on that and it will check the printer spooler service and network settings.
Step 5: Check Printer Port
- If nothing worked till now to fix the printer offline issue, then there might be some issue with the port configuration.
- This step is necessary for those printers which has an IP address.
- The most common issue is that the IP address of the printer got changed but still the port configuration points to the old IP address.
- Find out the IP address by printing out a network configuration page.
- Once you have got the IP address, go to the control panel, from there search for the devices and printers and then right click on the printer.
- Make sure that you are supposed to select printer properties, not the properties at the bottom.
- After this, click on the port tab and then scroll down until you see one port that gets checked.
- Now select it and click on configure the port.
- By doing this, the dialog box will tell you the IP address.
- If the IP address is different than the one listed here, then that’s the reason behind the printer showing offline problem.
f after trying these printer troubleshooting steps the error gets resolved, then please do share this post with other victims, so that they can also get rid of the printer offline error.
If anyhow the Steps Taken To Fix Printer Offline Status Issue mentioned here were not helpful, then take printer help from the experts of printer service and get an immediate solution for the printer problem.