One of the major issues which owners of printers face is the Device Setup Failed message popping up when installing the printer. In such a case, the following things happen after they connect the printer to the PC via USB.
- A message comes up, saying Device setup failed to complete.
- The normal plug-and-play device installation does not initialize.
- A red X mark comes up in the lower right of the screen.
Troubleshooting printer issues like these involves the use of multi-stepped methods. These may be too complex for the average user to carry out, which is why calling a printer support technician is a good idea. The following steps need to be taken to fix the above error.
- Plug out the USB cable and plug it back in. This should be at the back of the printer. After reconnecting, use pressure to make sure the connections are secure. After that, try installing the device once more.
- Check the USB connection. Maybe the port you have the cable plugged into is not working properly. Try another one and see if this solves the problem.
- Try using a different USB cable to connect the printer with the PC. Printers generally support only cables under 3 meters in length. Try installing the printer once more.
- Take out any extra USB devices that are connected to the PC. If there are several of these, such as maybe another printer, unplug all but the mouse and keyboard. Try installing the printer once more, and if this resolves the issue, then get a powered hub before reconnecting the devices you disconnected.
- Reset the printer. This should be done as follows. Turn it on, and wait for it to go into idle status. Take out the power cord from the back, and wait one minute. Plug the cord back in and turn the printer on. Wait until it goes into idle mode, and see if the installation starts up automatically, the way it should have the first time.
- Refresh the Windows Device Manager. The driver in Windows Device Manager may not be up to date, in which case you would need to launch the program and find the following entries: Print queues, Printers, Universal Serial Bus controllers, and Other devices. If there is a yellow mark or something like Unknown devices listed, then right-click the entry and choose Update Driver Software. After that, follow the prompts on the wizard screen that pops up. Choose the Search automatically for updated driver software
- Uninstall the driver and software. For this, first, unplug the USB cable, and then open Control Panel in Windows. Choose Programs and Features, and from the list, find and select your printer’s software, and hit Uninstall. Follow the prompts shown on the screen, and restart the PC for the changes to take effect.
- Delete any unnecessary folders and files, because it is important to ensuring no problematic data stays inside the PC. Launch the disk cleanup tool in Windows and choose to Free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files. Pick C: and wait for the program to scan for and delete the files you do not need.
- Turn off background programs before troubleshooting printer problems such as the Device Setup Failed message, especially the TSR programs that automatically load after the PC is switched on. These are essential to activating antivirus software and such, but not for the computer to run. Sometimes, they even block printer software installations. The MSCONFIG utility allows turning them off. Inside MSCONFIG window, head to the General tab and select Selective Startup, and then uncheck Load startup items. Under Services, leave theHide all Microsoft services box checked, and then select Disable All. Hit Apply, and then OK. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
- Reinstall the driver and software. Download the correct driver for your printer model from online, and install this in your PC. Alternatively, install the driver straight from the installation CD you got with the printer. For that, first, disconnect the machine and then insert the CD. Run the installer and follow the prompts shown on the screen. If required, choose your printer make and model, and select the right operating system. Then, select either the basic driver package to install or the full software suite, based on what you need.
- Turn the startup programs back on after the driver installation has been completed. For this, go to MSCONFIG and choose Normal Startup from the System Configuration Hit Apply, and then OK. When asked, restart the computer.
Solutions to fix printer failed message
If performing the above steps did not resolve the issue, then call our printer support crew to service your printer. It is much simpler to sit back while they do what it takes to get it back in good working order.
As we probably am aware HP printer needs any extra programming to work in Windows. Furthermore, such programming is commonly called a ‘driver’. At times, the establishment of HP printer driver programming is somewhat mind boggling and broad. You may experience a blunder message HP Printer Installation Failed on your PC screen during the establishment procedure. Such a blunder appears, that the driver isn’t totally introduced into the working framework. Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Fix Setup Failed Error Message you need not feel blue on the off chance that you are getting such issue and incapable to fix them out. HP Printer Support is there for you. You just should get this help administrations from the top-most professionals.
The issue we are discussing here is the point at which a HP printer driver establishment fizzles, coming about a mistake message like “driver deadly introduce”, or “lethal blunder during establishment”. In addition, the blunders contain document names, mistake codes, or form befuddles. While introducing, another window by showing “Establishment Failed” will be opened on your PC framework. At the base right hand side, you will see a “Nearby” button. Attempt to do the underneath ventures after you click ‘Close’ button:
- Ensure USB link is detached from the printer
- Turn the HP printer OFF and afterward make it ON once more
- Presently plug the USB link into your HP printer
Shockingly, these above advances chip away at some machine. In any case, in the event that, this likewise doesn’t work or useful for you, at that point reinstall the product first and afterward reboot your PC. In most case, re-establishment and afterward rebooting are the technique to determine driver establishment mistake. Subsequently, you should first uninstall thepreviously introduced programming from your Windows with the goal that the perfect framework can be utilized to reinstall the HP driver programming.
After the introduce cleanup is done and the Windows installer is fixed, you have to introduce the HP Printer driver programming again in your PC. Unplug the HP Printer and reboot before you do this with the goal that Windows doesn’t introduce any default drivers for your gadget. During establishment, reconnect the printer when the establishment procedure demonstrates that. During the underlying establishment, you should check the association with the PC.
On the off chance that the establishment still fizzles, and you are utilizing a USB association, take a stab at utilizing an alternate USB port. And furthermore ensure you are not utilizing an outer USB center point between the PC and the HP printer.
On the off chance that the above investigating ways are not viable for you, at that point dialing HP Printer Support Number is the last however not the least alternative. Prepare set to profit the total rules from the professionals who are noting your call. You will get an ideal helpful cure inside a base time interim.