If you are working in an office, you have a list of printers which get added to the computer that are networking printers, which indirectly connected to the system. However, it happens that the printers in the network become non-existent or if the computers move places, so the devices from the list have to get cleared occasionally.
Sometimes, it happens that the user attempts to remove the network printer, and while doing this, a printer error occurs on the screen saying “Cannot delete network printer.” So, the clients who are facing this problem, they all should not worry about this, because, this type of printer error can be resolved quickly with the Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Fix “Cannot Delete Network Printer” Error in Windows penned here.
With the help of these printer troubleshooting steps, the users can get relief from the printer error. To get immediate assistance of the printer problem, follow the steps as instructed here below and if anyhow the steps don’t work, then avail printer help from the experts of printer service.
To fix the printer problem, the users have to do some changes to the windows registry, therefore follow the steps as penned here, and if you are not familiar with the windows registry changes, then it is best to seek for printer help from the professionals of printer service.
Steps to Remove a Network Printer through Windows Registry Editor
For all victims, we have here discussed the necessary and user-friendly printer troubleshooting steps to fix the printer problem. Therefore, carefully read the whole information penned here below and get rid of the printer error.
- Initially, press and hold the “windows” and the “R” key together at the same time.
- By doing this, a run dialog box will open.
- Now, type regedit in the dialog box and then click on OK, this will open the registry editor.
- Now go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Connections.
- After this, in the connections folder, see the list of network printers.
- Now, right-click on the printer and then select Delete.
- When done, now to get rid of the printer from another registry location, clear any traces of it from the system.
- Now, go to following path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control and then open Print\Providers\LanMan Print Services\Servers\Printers.
- After this, expand the registry key named as Servers, and then select the print server key, now press the Delete or remove the target printer.
- The user can also expand the print server, hosting the device you want to remove.
- Now close the windows registry editor and then restart the system.
- After this, the network printer should get done.
- In case, if the user has a local printer, which you want to delete, for that do the same through the registry editor. Therefore, for that follow the path as mentioned here below.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\ Windows NT x86\ Drivers\Version-3\
Clear the Print Queue
There are a lot of documents which are sent to the target printer and waiting to get printed in the print queue. It states that the user won’t be able to get rid of the printer in case a print job is there in the queue. There is a shortcut to check whether the print job or document gets stuck in the print queue, i.e.C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS directory and make sure that the printers folder is empty. To open the directory, open the windows explorer, type the following path mentioned above in the address bar and press the enter key.
There is an alternative, that is to clear the print queue.
Once the print queue gets cleared, then the user can quickly delete a printer from the system.
Fix for Cannot Remove or Delete Network Printer in Windows
In the event that you work at an office, you most likely have a few printers added to your PC that are organize printers, for example not associated legitimately to your PC. Nonetheless, as you move around in the organization or printers vanish, that rundown must be tidied up now and then.
Once in a while when you attempt to erase a system printer, you may get a message from Windows saying “Can’t erase organize printer” and that is it! Incredible, so now you have futile printers stopping up your printer list. Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Fix “Cannot Delete Network Printer” Error in Windows fortunately, there is an approach to expel any system printer from your PC by means of the vault. Note that you should be an Administrator so as to do this.
Before you roll out any improvements, make a point to peruse my post on sponsorship up the Windows Registry. On the off chance that you favor not to upset the vault, there is another conceivable arrangement that I list underneath that could likewise fix the issue, so make certain to look down.
Expel Network Printers from Windows through Registry Editor
Stage 1: Click on Start, Run and afterward type in regedit and press Enter. This will open the library editorial manager.
Stage 2: Navigate to the accompanying key in the vault.
Steps to Clear Windows Print Queue and Restart Print Spooler
- In the starting, open the Run Dialog Box.
- Now, in the command box, type services.MSC and hit enter key.
- After this, a list of local services will open.
- Now, select any service and press P to highlight the printer spooler quickly.
- Right-click on the printer spooler service and select the stop option.
- It means that if there would be any other user, then they won’t be able to send the print jobs to that system that hosts the print server.
- Now, open the printers folder, as mentioned above.
- Carefully, delete the files in the printers and clear the print queue.
NOTE: If the function gets performed in the windows server, it is advisory that the user should make sure that there are no print jobs processed for other printers, doing this deletes all those print jobs too.
Now, after doing these printer troubleshooting steps, restart the printer spooler service. For that, go back to the services list and right-click on the printer spooler and select start. After restarting the printer spooler service will fix the printer spooler not running error.
After clearing the print queue, proceed further, and remove the unwanted printer from the computer. In case, if the user wants to troubleshoot the printer spooler service not running issue then take printer help from the expert team of printer service.
We hope that the Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Fix “Cannot Delete Network Printer” Error in Windows was helpful for all of you. So, if according to you the steps penned above were useful, then please do share this with other victims, so that they can also get immediate relief of the printer error.