There are many clients who want to connect the printer to Mac, therefore, for all of them, we have here mentioned the Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Connect Printer to Mac, so scroll down and carefully read the complete information penned here below.
The clients who are facing the printer error, they all are suggested to carefully check the driver, if the driver installed are of an older version, then the clients are recommended to download the latest driver from the official website.
Usually, the printer comes with a wi-fi enable the feature and hence the user needs to connect the printer to mac, by using the login id and password of the wifi and get the printer configured to the mas system as required.
How Do You Add a Canon Printer to Mac
The user should make sure that the printer can be added to the Mac from the settings tab, therefore, from the settings tab, select Device and Printer option.
- By doing this, the list of available printers will get display on the screen.
- After this, please select the connected printer from the list, and then right-click on the printer, this will help to set up the printer to mac as a default printer as per the requirement.
Canon Printer Is Not Visible On Mac
- There could be a possibility, where the printer is not visible on the Mac and it’s showing a printer error message, i.e. printer not found.
- The other printer error message that may pop up on the screen is a printer error message saying that the software is not available for the device.
- Therefore, the users are recommended to take printer help from the printer manual of they can also ask for assistance from the experts of printer service.
Air Print & Mac
- Being an air print enabled printer is always better, therefore, the users need to make sure that the Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Connect Printer to Mac printer is connected to the same wifi network as the Mac.
- Kindly restart the printer and the router, so that they are in sync with each other.
- Make sure that the printer should be accessible from the range of wifi.
- Users are also suggested to check that the latest wifi software should be installed for both printer and the Mac.
- Make sure that the printer settings are aptly set and no antivirus or firewall is blocking the same.
USB Printer & Mac
- If the printer is of the older version, then securely connect the printer to Mac.
- To check the connection, turn OFF the printer and then turn it ON again to check that it is connected to the Mac securely.
- The users are suggested to check for the latest and most updated software.
- Now, please wait for the printer to start and restore its settings from the menu available on Mac, select the option of Printer and Scanner and then add the relevant printer to it.
- Carefully remove, if there is any safety equipment required for connecting the printer to Mac.
- Securely install the printer cartridge and a driver from the official website.
- If the printer status shows as idle, then it means that the Mac can detect the printer but the printer is not used.
- Kindly add the printer as a default printer from the settings tab available in the Mac device.
- Now click on the name of the available printer and then complete the available printer setup.
- After successful completion of the setup, the clients can easily use the printer according to their requirement.
How to Reset Printer Settings?
- The users are recommended to delete all available printers and drivers available on the Mac.
- The user is suggested to reinstall the device and the driver that is applicable only for the USB printer and not for the Air Printers.
- The Air printers work over the air print application added on the device.
- Now, from the dialog box in the printer settings, click on the reset printer settings option.
- This will help the user to run the print command smoothly and effectively.
We hope that the Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Connect Printer to Mac were helpful for all of you to fix the printer error. If you all find the above-details satisfactory, then please do share this article with others, who are also facing the printer problem.