If any user add a new printer to your network, you must ensure that your computer can communicate with it. USB printers get automatically installed in Windows, but local printers — printers connected via Ethernet, for example — are not. If Windows does not detect your printer, then the user is suggested to add it by IP address. After Windows gets connected to the printer and gets its information, then it install the correct drivers on the computer. The Add Printer wizard guides the user through the entire process of installing the printer, so you will be able to use it in a matter of minutes.
The IP address provides a printer a unique identity, allowing the user to connect to the printer on a network correctly. IP addresses help to complete the installation of a printer when numerous printers are present on a system, making it a burdensome task to browse through a list of the printers on the network to select the one you wish to add to the computer. Depending on the printer’s model, the user can obtain a printer’s IP address either on the printer’s display screen or by printing a configuration page using the printer’s control panel.
Add Networked Printer for Windows Using IP Address
1. Download and Extract Print Drivers
Go to the printer maker site. Download and concentrate the printer driver programming to an area that is effectively available on your gadget (downloads, work area).
HP Printer – Click on Software and Drivers – > enter printer name under Enter your HP item name (model – laserjet 400m) – > select Find. Extend the + beside the Driver-Universal Printer Driver heading – > Download. Find the record – right snap – > Extract All.
Konica Printer – Type in the Konica (model – Bizhub 368) – > select amplifying glass to look for the model printring driver. Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Add a Printer by an IP Address select Drivers-Universal Printer to one side – > Windows 10 – > pick the record with a .zip expansion toward the end – > OK (to download). Find the record – > right snap – > Extract All.
2. Go Into Devices and Printers
On the work area, to one side of the Start Menu in the Search Windows box (or amplifying glass), type gadgets and printers. Select Devices and Printers when it shows up over the Search Windows box.
3.Add IP Address
To one side of Hostname or IP address – > enter IP address of the printer you might want to include. No changes should be made to the Port Name section – > Next.
4.Locate Downloaded Driver
The exchange box – Install the printer driver will show up. Select Have Disk.
5.Browse and Select Print Driver
Select Browse – > find the print driver you downloaded and removed – > select the document that appears to one side of File name (the essential record to introduce the printer) – > click Open – > OK.
6.Specify Printer Model
One or a few printers that the print driver will work with ought to show up. Pick the printer that you have from the rundown – > Next
A default name of your recently introduced printer will show up. You can change the name or keep the default name gave.
8.Install Print Driver
Select Install to introduce the print driver
Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Add a Printer by an IP Address
There are different methods through which the users can quickly get the printer error resolved, but here we have discussed easy and less time-consuming printer troubleshooting steps to get out of printer problem. Therefore, scroll down and check the complete information provided here to resolve the printer error.
The clients who are facing the printer problem, for all them, we have here mentioned the Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Add a Printer by an IP Address. So, scroll down and collect the necessary information from here and apply the same steps as instructed here below, or take printer help from the professionals of printer service.
- Initially Turn the printer ON.
- Click ON the “Start” button and then from there select “Devices and Printers” to open the “Devices and Printers” screen of Control Panel.
- Select the “Add a Printer” button near the top of the window to get the Add Printer wizard started.
- Click on the “Add a Local Printer” option.
- Click on the “Create a New Port” radio button and then select the “Standard TCP/IP Port” in the Type Of Port drop-down list. After this, click “Next” to proceed to the next step.
- In the Hostname or IP Address box, type the IP address of the printer and in the Port Name box a name for the port.
- Now, select the “Query the Printer and Automatically Select the Driver to Use” checkbox if it’s not already selected and click on “Next” to proceed to the other step.
- After this, click on “Finish” option, when the user see the Completing TCP/IP screen.
- To use the default printer name, Click on the “Next” option.
- Select the “Do Not Share This Printer” radio button if the user don’t want to share it on the network and click “Next” to proceed to the next step.
- Click the “Print a Test Page” button to test if the printer is working correctly and then choose the “Finish” button to close the Add Printer wizard.
We hope that after applying the Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Add a Printer by an IP Address discussed above, and it would become easy for all of you to get rid of printer error. But, still, if there is any user who is not able to fix the printer error, for all of them, the experts of printer service are ready to assist throughout the day and night, therefore, feel free to ask for printer help from the printer service squad.