Getting a document printed from a printer is very easy, but many users face printer spooler error while doing their work. Mainly print spooler is a software program which is responsible for managing all printing tasks currently being sent to the printer or the print server.
With the help of the print spooler, the user can handle multiple print jobs at a time, and it eliminates the need for an application to keep busy until the printing process gets complete and helps to avoid the system decrease in performance.
The printer spooler error may occur due to many reasons, and mainly the problem is likely related to the corrupted driver that gets installed in the printer. Printer Spooler keeps stopping How to fix it? Therefore, try uninstalling and installing the printer and printer software again and start from scratch. Below we have mentioned the printer troubleshooting steps regarding Printer Spooler keeps stopping How to fix it?.
Print Spooler Keeps Stopping Or Print Spooler Service Is Not Running. How To Fix It?
Basically stated, print spooler is a will be a product program, an executable document which is answerable for dealing with all print assignments as of now being sent to the printer or print server. It is an essential part of the printing interface and it is stacked at framework startup and keeps on running until the working framework is closed down. It is answerable for finding the right printer driver, stacking that driver, planning the print employments and so forth.
Since the print spooler can deal with different print occupations without a moment’s delay, it disposes of the requirement for an application (that set off the print work) to be kept occupied until its printing procedure is finished and assists with maintaining a strategic distance from application or framework decline in execution. It likewise permits clients to see current print employments inside the print line, their size, status and to suspend or erase the activated print occupations.
Numerous clients announced that the print spooler continues halting which can raise a ruckus while attempting to print something or to see your printers. Print spooler must be running so as to have the option to print reports and other stuff with no issues, that is the reason it is a major issue when it continues halting. There could be different explanations behind this and it is difficult to determine what precisely is forestalling print spooler from running ceaselessly. So as to fix this issue you may need to erase Spool organizer’s substance, uninstall superfluous printers, check the print spooler administration’s status, reinstall or update printer drivers, check your framework documents, impermanent debilitate your antivirus which might be obstructing the print spooler administration, check your plate for mistakes, expel transitory and pointless records, arrange the print spooler recuperation settings and a few other various things.
Steps to fix Printer Spooler keeps stopping Issue
There are different methods to fix the printer spooler error, and therefore, here we have penned the most simple and straightforward way to get rid of the printer error. All users are supposed to follow the steps as instructed here below, and we hope that the printer troubleshooting steps penned here would be helpful for all of you to get instant relief of the printer problem.
Remove the Spool Folder’s Content
- Initially, the user is recommended to delete the content from folders namely drivers and printers.
- Therefore, to reach the spool folder that contains both folders, type the following path on the address bar of Windows Explorer and then press Enter.
- Delete the files and folders contained in the Driver, and then after that delete the content from another folder.
- After this, restart the print spooler.
- Now reboot the computer and retry printing again.
Reinstall the Driver of your Printer
- Visit the official website and from there download the latest driver and get it to install on the computer.
- Once the driver gets installed, then after that reboot the system and restart the printer spooler service.
Delete Duplicated Drivers
- Remove the unwanted printer driver which prevent the printer spooler service from adding new printers, therefore, for that we have here mentioned the following steps for all of you.
- Press the window and R key simultaneously.
- Now, a run dialog box will open.
- In the run dialog box, type MSC and then press the enter key.
- Now by right clicking, open all drivers and delete the unwanted one, by right-clicking on the respective driver and choose the delete option from the context menu.
- Once the driver gets removed, then reboot the computer and restart the printer spooler service.
Configure Driver Isolation
- To resolve the printer spooler keep stopping error avoid conflict between the printer drivers.
- Launch the Run dialog box, press the windows and R key together.
- Now open the printring management as discussed above.
- After this, open all drivers.
- Right-click on the driver of your printer, and move the cursor over to set isolation and select isolated.
- Now exit the print management.
- Reboot the computer and then restart the printer spooler.
Remove Unwanted Registry Key
- First of all, type “regedit” in the run dialog box and press enter.
- After that navigate to the following path as mentioned here below.
- Before doing the registry configuration, it is suggested to backup the database.
- The registry backup required in case of misconfiguration, the database backup will help to revert to the earlier state. So, for that follow the printer troubleshooting steps mentioned here.
- First of all, click on the file and choose export from the context menu.
- Now to save the present registry configuration select the desktop.
- Type backup as its file name and from there select all above export range.
- After this, click on save.
- Now delete all keys except the default one namely Internet Print Provider and LanMan Print Services.
- If there is any additional key, then delete it, for example, the other key is Printing Services.
- After this, close the Registry Editor.
- Now reboot the computer.
Scan the System for Malware
- Download antivirus software and do the system cleanup to get rid of the virus from your PC.
- After that restart the computer and the printer spooler service also.
Run CHKDSK /R
- If there is a corrupted file problem or you fail to read or write data from the hard disk, then for that run the command CHKDSK /R.
- The utility disk will help you to find the bad sectors and resolve them if they are removable.
- From the start menu, open the Command Prompt.
- After this, type the said command and then press Enter.
- Now it will say, “Check disk cannot run since the volume is in use by the computer,” and that the calls for a reboot.
- Press the “Y” key and hit enter key to accept rebooting the system.
- Now Reboot the computer.
- Wait till it is done repairing the file system.
- The windows will reboot after repairing the hard disk.
Run SFC /SCANNOW
- Check the corruption in the windows, and the system file checker gets used.
- Run it on command prompt, and if the utility finds any system file corruption, it will attempt to resolve them.
- It also comprises additional commands such as “scannow.”
- It scans the integrity of protected files and repairs problem files when that is possible.
So, we hope that the printer troubleshooting steps penned above regarding Printer Spooler keeps stopping How to fix it? Helpful for all of you, so if according to you the steps composed above were helpful, then please do share this article with other, so that they can also get relief of printer spooler error.