When the customer is using the Hp scanner and suddenly an error pop up on the screen, regarding Hp scanner not working. So at that time, instead of getting confused with the printer error, try to fix the printer problem yourself.
So, is your Hp scanner not working? Here are easy hacks to fix this issue. Therefore, the victims who are in search for the solution, they are at the right platform. Because from here, user can get an appropriate way to fix Hp Scanner not working error.
Why is my HP scanner not working?
The cause of this printer problem could be various and sometimes hard to identify. The scanner not working issue includes scanner won’t scan, or the scanner not detected by your computer errors pop up when you’re using your scanner, etc.
If there is any connection problem then that can also prevent your scanner from connecting to the computer.
One of the most possible reasons behind Hp scanner not working is the problem with the software.
How to fix HP scanner not working
Here for all of you, we have mentioned the printer troubleshooting steps for all of you. So, carefully read the steps penned here below and apply the same as instructed here below, to get immediate relief from the printer problem.
- Check the Connection Error
- If you want to use the scanner, then make sure that the device is turned ON.
- Then check if there is any connection issue.
- If you are using the USB to connect the scanner, and then carefully check that the USB port and USB cable working properly.
- Make sure that the computer has a good internet connection, and the scanner which you are using connects to the computer under the same internet.
- In case, if you are using a VPN, then try disconnecting the VPN from your computer and scanner too.
Enable Windows Image Acquisition service & related services
The Windows Image Acquisition is a Microsoft model that allows graphics software to commune with imaging hardware such as camera and scanner. So, if your scanner is not working then enable the WIA service in your computer. Is your Hp scanner not working? Here are easy hacks to fix this issue therefore, for that, you have to perform these necessary printer troubleshooting steps.
- Press the windows and the R button on the keyboard together to open the Run dialog box.
- After this, type services.MSC and then click on OK.
- Now scroll down and double click on Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
- After this, carefully check that the startup type is set Automatic, and the service status is running.
- Now, if the service status is running, then click on stop to stop the service and then again click on start to re-enable the service.
- To save the changes, click on Apply and then Ok.
- After this restart the computer and try to use the Hp scanner once again and see if it works now.
- HP issues security fix for printer hacking flaw
HP printers security flaw
HP has said that it was alerted to two security issues with some of its consumer inkjet printers by third-party security researchers. Earlier this week, Check Point Research revealed how security flaws in a printer’s fax functionality could allow an attacker to send a malicious file to the machine and gain access to it. It had responsibly disclosed the vulnerabilities to HP and the company was able to develop a software fix. Our test lab has now identified just over 100 different HP models potentially affected by the security vulnerability. See if your printer is affected in the full list below. Is your Hp scanner not working? Here are easy hacks to fix this issue the flaw is not limited to just models that have fax functionality, as we understand it involves the software that processes image data. This means that it can affect any HP printer able to receive the malicious file. For example, Check Point also found issues with other fax implementations, such as fax-to-mail services.
What you should do First of all, don’t panic. The chances of your printer actually being hacked are likely to be very low. HP has issued two firmware updates for the impacted printers that it claims address the security flaws. If your printer is potentially affected, all you need to do is go to the HP Software and Drivers page, search for your printer and then find the firmware update from the list. You can either connect your printer up to your computer via a USB cable to download the firmware, or update the firmware directly on the printer via the control menu. HP has provided instructions on how to get the firmware onto your printer.
Update your scanner driver
Sometimes, a missing or the outdated driver can also cause the Scanner not working error. So, keep the scanner driver software up-to-date.
There are two methods to update the scanner driver i.e. manually and automatically.
Manually update scanner driver
- Go to the official website of the scanner manufacturer.
- Find the latest driver of your scanner and get it installed on your computer.
Automatically update scanner driver
Here we have mentioned the printer troubleshooting steps for all of you to automatically update the scanner driver.
- First of all, download and install the driver Easy.
- After this, run driver easy and then click on scan now.
- Now the driver easy will scan your computer and detect if there would be any problem.
- Click on the Update button which is mentioned next to the scanner to download the latest driver. Install it on your computer.
- To automatically download and install all problem drivers in your system, click on the Update All option.
- To look after the effect, restart the computer.
Troubleshoot hardware problems
If there is something wrong with your scanner, then to fix the issue, run the troubleshooter in your computer. For that, we have here penned the printer troubleshooting steps for all of you, so look at the steps carefully and apply the same as instructed here below to get relief of the printer error.
- In your computer, open the control panel.
- After this, click on the troubleshooting.
- Now click on the hardware and sound.
- The client is recommended to click on the Hardware and Devices option.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to get troubleshoot completed and resolve the detected issue.
Run System File Checker
The System File Scanner is a built-in Windows feature that enables the user to scan the corrupted system files and get them repaired automatically.
If in case, there would be any corrupted file then that will lead to the HP scanner not working issue. So for that, we have here penned the necessary steps for all of you to fix the printer error.
- In the search toolbar, type CMD.
- After this, right click on the Command Prompt and from their select run as Administrator.
- Now in the command prompt type SFC/scanner and then click on Enter option.
- Wait for the verification to get completed 100%, this will take a while.
- Once the process gets complete, then type exit in the command prompt and close the windows type Enter.
- Now restart your computer and check if the scanner begins to work again.
Do we hope that you all are satisfied with the printer troubleshooting steps for Is your Hp scanner not working? Here are easy hacks to fix this issue were useful. If the steps are not satisfactory, then take printer help from the professionals of printer service. Please do share this with your friends, so that they can also easily fix the Hp scanner not working issue easily with the help of the easy hacks provided above in this post.