A user may come across several printer errors while working on a word document, such a printer error message saying printer not responding. Mainly this type of printer problem arises in a specific template or a particular document. So, don’t worry, because there are several ways to fix the printer problem related to a word document.
Here we have discussed the user-friendly and straightforward way to deal with the printer error, so all victims are suggested to read the article till the end and then apply the printer troubleshooting steps to get rid of the printer problem.
However, this is a pervasive printer problem, and hence the users complain that they are unable to the printer a word document. Thus for all of them, here we have described the various method regarding How To Troubleshoot Printer Problem Related To Word Document?.
Troubleshoot print failures in Word
The achievement or disappointment of these tests shows whether Word can print for the most part. These tests may likewise give you hints about specific textual styles or illustrations that Word can’t print.
On the off chance that you don’t get mistakes in the test report yet at the same time can’t print your unique archive, your unique record might be harmed. How To Troubleshoot Printer Problem Related To Word Document? This might be genuine regardless of whether you can print a similar record on another PC, in light of the fact that there are numerous circumstances where the indications of document harm show up on certain PCs and not on different PCs.
Once more, depend on methodical investigating rather than on presumptions about what is causing the issue. Accordingly, in the event that you can’t print a specific record however can print different archives in Word, you may have a harmed report. Investigate the issue appropriately.
Instructions to fix Printer Problem Related To Word Document
The users who are facing Printring Problem Related To Word Document, for all of them, we have here penned the simple and easy printer troubleshooting steps to resolve the printer error. There are various methods to fix the issue, but here we have discussed the easiest one. We hope that the steps discussed below would be helpful for you to get rid of the printer problem.
Take a Printout of Another Document on MS Word
- First of all, do the basic test, and if you are unable to print a particular page on a word document, then try to print another page.
- By doing this, you will get sure that whether the issue is about a single document or template in MS Word, or whether your printer has run into a technical problem.
- So, for that open the word processing software and from there click on the office button on the top left corner.
- From there, choose new in the resulting menu to open a new document pop up box.
- After this, select the blank document in the window and click on create.
- Now enter some random text in the file to print and save the file in the computer.
- Once the file gets saved, then click on the office button again and from the drop-down menu select print.
- Now to print the document, select the name of the printer in the pop-up window and click OK to print.
- If the print is OK, then it means that the template earlier was faulty.
- To fix the printer problem, create a new custom template.
- To fix the printer not responding issue, try to rename the existing template and then print.
How to Rename an MS Word Template
Here we have mentioned the printer troubleshooting steps to rename an MS word Template, so follow the same as instructed here below.
- First of all, exit the Microsoft word.
- After this, click on the start button on the left corner of the desktop screen to open the start menu.
- Now, in the search box, type Normal.dotm.
- If you are not able to find Normal.dotmin the search box results, then enter %appdata%\Microsoft\Templatesin the Start Menu search box and press Enter.
- After this, a screen will open having Normal. dotm template in that.
- If an exclamation mark is there then, it is sure that there is some issue with the Normal. dotm template.
- So, now right click on it and then rename and change the extension from .dotm to .old.
Once you get done with these steps, then after this, create a new document following the previously mentioned printer troubleshooting steps and take a test print once again. However, you would be able to take the test print successfully now. So, create a new template and set a default.
Creating a New Custom Template
- In the beginning, open the MS word and then on the top left corner click on the office button.
- Now in the dropdown menu, choose the new, select blank document and click on create.
- Now once again click on the office button and select save as from the resulting menu.
- In the context menu, click on word template and name the file as a NewTemplate.
- After this, select Local Disk (C:)/Users and open the folder for your computer user name.
- Now go to AppData/Roaming/Microsoft and then open the Templates Set this as the location to save your new template file.
- When this gets done, then after that open an MS Word document and then click on “Developer tab” on the top menu.
- If you do not see the same in the MS word ribbon, then click on the office button and select the word option and from there put a tick mark against Show Developer tab in the Ribbon.
- Now in the developer tab, select the Document Template and click on the attach button near to the document template and then select NewTemplate.dotm from the pop-up box and click on Open, followed by OK, to set the template as default.
So we hope that with the help of these printer troubleshooting steps, it was easy for all of you to deal with How To Troubleshoot Printer Problem Related To Word Document?. Therefore, if the steps were helpful, then please do share this article with your friends, so that they can also get rid of the printer error.