If you are in an office or at home and want to print your document and nothing get printed even after providing the print command to the printer. So, there are a ton of reasons behind the printer error, and hence, one of the most common issues is that the printer queue has a stuck print job. Therefore to fix the printer problem, clear the printer spooler queue and then restart the printer spooler service.
A printer spooler service is a software, which is used to manage the documents or files sent to the connected printer. In most printers, the spooler does functioning of giving printouts, but on occasion, it tends to malfunction. If something interrupts with the print request, the spooler could crash and halt the print jobs.
The most effective method to Fix a Print Spooler
The print spooler enables your Windows PC to interface with the printer, and requests the print occupations in your line. In the event that you see any blunder message about the print spooler, this device has been undermined or is neglecting to interface accurately with other programming. You may need to attempt more than one technique to fix the spooler.
1 Open your printer spooler properties. You can’t tackle all print spooler gives just by changing the choices, yet this is a snappy and safe spot to begin. How To Restart Printer Spooler Service On Windows 7 these strategies should chip away at any rendition of Windows from XP forward (and may deal with a prior OS):
Press the Windows key + R to open the Run exchange. Type services.msc and press ↵ Enter. Double tap Print Spooler.
On the other hand, click Start → Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services → Print Spooler
2. Stop and start the spooler. The Stop and Start catches are situated in the Print Spooler Properties window you simply opened, on the General tab. A few mistakes are fixed by halting, at that point beginning the print spooler once more. Leave the window open, as we have a couple different changes to make.
3. Set the Spooler to fire up naturally. Select the drop-down menu following “Startup type.” Select Automatic to guarantee the spooler fires up each time your PC does, so it doesn’t miss any approaching print employments. Press Apply in the lower option to spare your progressions
The users who are facing the printer error and are in search of the solution then they are in the right place. So scroll down and carefully read the complete printer troubleshooting steps provided here below regarding How To Restart Printer Spooler Service On Windows 7.
Printer Troubleshooting Restart Printer Spooler Service On Windows 7
Many users face the printer spooler error while printing, so instead of getting irritated from the printer problem. The client should deal with the issue by applying the printer troubleshooting steps provided here below.
Cancel Print Job Manually from the Print Queue
- The users can restart, resume, and pause the printing, but can also cancel the print job from the print queue.
- Click on the start button, and then from there, search for the Devices and Printers option.
- After this, from the devices and printers option, find the connected printer and then right-click on the printer icon and see what’s printing from the pop-up menu.
- It will contain the list of the pending printing tasks.
- So, if the user wants to cancel or delete the print job in the queued list, then click on the printer option from the toolbar and choose for the cancel all documents option.
Steps to Restart Print Spooler Using Command Prompt
- In the beginning, type cmd in the search box of the start menu, and open it from the search result.
- In case, if you didn’t get signed in to the administrator account, then right-click on the cmd and select run as administrator and then click on yes to confirm it.
- If you are asked to provide the administrator credentials, such as username and password, so enter the same and proceed.
- Now, on the DOS box, insert net stop spooler and then enter. Also, the user should make sure that a confirmation message will appear on the black window.
- So, after doing this, check if you can print the document. Moreover, to make sure that the printer spooler service is working then follow the below-mentioned pointers.
- First of all, update the windows even if the printer spooler service is working correctly.
- Besides software related issue, updating the OS can prevent the problem related to the printer spooler service.
Steps to Restart Print Spooler Manually
- Click on the Start button at the bottom-left corner of the system screen.
- Then insert services.MSC into the search bar, then press Enter.
- Scroll down the list until you find the Print Spooler option.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler option, and then select the Start option.
- Now, wait for the Printring Spooler service to run.
The victims can also take printer help from the experts of printer service regarding How To Restart Printer Spooler Service On Windows 7, so if after applying the steps penned here the error persists the same, then take printer help from the professionals of printer service.