The users who are facing the ink absorber printer problem, they don’t have to panic, because, for all of them, we have here mentioned the printer troubleshooting steps to fix the printer problem. Before we talk about the solution for the printer problem, first of all, get aware of what is an Ink Absorber Error.
What is an Ink Absorber Error?
Also known as the Flushing box, it helps with holding the ink collected after the purging of the printer head. It catches all the ink whenever the machine flushes or cleans. Usually, the longevity of the ink absorber is similar to that of the printer’s life. But sometimes over usage and flushes by the machine made, the absorber gets overloaded with bloats of inks. During this situation, the printer will understand the emergency requirement and will keep showing the message on the LCD screen. Users have to replace the ink absorber with a new ink absorber immediately.
So, if you all got aware of the ink absorber error, then scroll down and carefully read the printer troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
Here are some steps to solve the error
Solution 1:- Press “OK” to Continue Printing
When you get Canon Printer Error Code 1702, while you’re working. Then it’s a suggestion for you to run a press the machine’s “OK” button to continue printing.
If you are unable to print or connect to your Canon Printer in your Windows computer, then go to the next solution.
Solution 2:- Resetting the Waste Ink Absorber
Resetting the waste ink absorber on a Canon printer can resolve some error codes that appear when turning it on. Follow these steps:-
- Make sure the Canon Printer is turned OFF.
- Then press and hold the “Resume” button (triangle inside a circle).
- Whilst it is held down, hold down the “Power” button. Then the green led light should come on.
- Keep the “Power” button held down. Release the “Resume” button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, and then green again.
- Then release the “Power” button.
- Next, press the “Resume” button four times and then press the “Power” button and straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
- Then you turn off the printer and then turn it on again. Start your task.
- If printing is in progress and is able to continue printing, then it’s ok. Else, go to the next solution.
Solution 3:- Replacing the Ink Absorber
The waste ink pad has become full and needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright. You will have to order new waste ink pads from Canon and replace accordingly to get everything back to alright.
Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. It’s not recommended for you to replace the waste ink absorber tank.
If you want, you can also take the help of our Canon Printer Customer Service Experts to replace it at your doorstep at cost-effective rates.
We hope that with the help of these printer troubleshooting steps, it was easy for all of you to fix the printer error, so please do share this post with your friends, so that they can also get out of trouble. If there is any user who is still facing the printer problem, then they all are recommended to take printer help from the professionals of printer service.