If you are going to print a document and suddenly a message display on the screen that states “Printer Not Responding Error,” therefore, at that time instead of getting irritated with the printer problem, try to fix the issue by itself.
There are a different variety of printer models, and each model has its features and designs. All brand printers use up-to-date technology according to the requirement of the people.
Along with the latest technology, many printer errors get faced by the user. So from those printer problems, the Printer Not Responding Error is one of the most commonly encountered error.
The users who are looking for the printer troubleshooting steps for How To Fix Printer Not Responding Error? For all of them, we have discussed the user-friendly steps for all of you.
Printer not responding Error message how to fix it
“Printer not responding” is one of the most familiar printer error that the users face while they are trying to print the document. There are many different ways to troubleshoot this printer error. Thus, we have here discussed the straightforward and easy printer troubleshooting steps for the troubled clients, so that they can quickly get an immediate relax from the printer problem.
We have here penned the possible ways to resolve the printer error, and the clients who want expert assistance, they all are recommended to take printer help from the expert team of printer service. The professionals have years of experience and have a great piece of knowledge that they, first of all, find the root cause of the printer problem and then provide the solution.
Solution: Checking Hardware
The primary step which is very necessary and one must check it carefully that the printer should get appropriately connected via wired connection or through the wireless network. Check all the cables and check if there is any fault if any then fix the issue.
- Restart your computer, printer, and router and let them power down completely. Remove all cables and keep it free from connection for a couple of minutes before plugging it back.
- Now try to print something using another computer and check that if the printing task gets completed successfully.
- Hence, if there is no issue in the computer connecting to the printer, then proceed to another solution.
Solution: Restarting Spooler Service
The spooler service is a software program that is responsible for managing all print jobs being sent by the printer to the computer. The user can easily see the print spooler and can also cancel all print jobs that get processed. It also manages the print jobs that are currently on the wishlist.
- Try to restart the printer spooler service and check if the printer error gets resolved.
- Initially, to launch the run application, press the Window+R together.
- After this type “services.msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Now in the list of services, locate the service “Print Spooler.” To open its properties, double click on it.
- Under the system status, click on the “Stop” button and then press “OK” to save changes.
- Once the service gets diable, then now the user can quickly delete the printer files.
- To launch the quick, easy access, press “window key + E” and then click on This Pc present on the left navigation pane.
- Navigate the path mentioned below.
- To have access to the following folder, permission might be needed. If prompted, then click on continue.
- Initially, open the folder, clear all files in the printer folder and close the window.
- After this, navigate back to the service tab and then again start the Printer Spooler service. Also, make sure to keep the startup type as “Automatic.”
- Now, restart the computer and check if the printer gets connected correctly.
Solution: Configuring to Correct Port
If the printer is going to the unresponsive state, then it is possible that the printer not connected to the correct port on the computer. Try to configure the printer port using the control panel, If there is any difference.
- Press the window + S, type “devices and printers” and open the control panel application.
- To select the printer properties, right click on the “Print Properties.”
- Now check at the ports available and tick the checkbox where the where your printer is listed.
- Make sure that it gets checked, and then after this, reboot the computer and check if the problem gets resolved.
So, we hope that the printer troubleshooting steps discussed above were helpful for all of you regarding How To Fix Printer Not Responding Error?. So, if you find the solution useful, then please do share this post with other victims who are also getting this printer error and are looking for a perfect solution. If any fail to resolve the printer error, then feel free to ask for printer help from the experts of printer service.