There are numerous variety of printer models with different advanced features, and if any user encounters dry printer cartridge issue, then it is a pervasive issue and can get resolved quickly. As here in this post, we will discuss How To Fix Dry Printer Cartridge Issue?. So, the users who are looking for the solution; they are at the right place, therefore, scroll down and carefully read the printer troubleshooting step to resolve the printer error.
If the printer starts preventing blank pages or a printer error message appears on the screen showing “dried up ink cartridge,” then instead to getting irritated from the issue, try to fix the problem yourself. For all clients, we have here mentioned the printer troubleshooting steps to overcome the dry cartridge issue.
There are different ways to deal with dry cartridge issue, so here we have discussed the easy and straightforward printer troubleshooting steps to resolve the printer problem.
What Causes ink to dry up
There could be many reasons behind the Dry Printer Cartridge Issue, so here we have discussed some common and possible reasons behind the printer problem. How To Fix Dry Printer Cartridge Issue? so, scroll down and carefully read the information penned here below and after that check the printer troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
- The clients who use printer rarely, they all face dry cartridge issue. The issue can be quickly resolved by printing frequently or running regular cleans and ink test to make sure that the nozzles remain clean.
Cartridges have expired
- Many people don’t know that the cartridge has an expiry date, so using them after the time can also lead to dry printer cartridge issue.
- So, all users suggested that they should not store the printer cartridge longer than 12 months to avoid such issue, and store the cartridge in a cool, dry place and keep them away from sunlight.
Manually refilling cartridges
- If the user tries to refill the printer cartridge themselves, then it can lead to air getting into the cartridge, drying up the ink and clogging the ink nozzles.
- Therefore, the users are always recommended to take printer help from the experts of printer service.
Stored near radiators or in warm rooms
- Always make sure that the printer is kept in a place with stable room temperature, as the temperature affects the performance of the printer cartridge.
What to do to fix a Dry Printer Cartridge
Here for all users who are looking for the solution, we have penned the printer troubleshooting steps to deal with the dry cartridge issue. So, we hope that the steps mentioned here would be helpful for all of you to resolve the printer error.
Run printhead cleaning in your printer settings
- This option is available through the computer, or in the printer itself.
- For guidance, take help from the user manual.
- The users are suggested to clean the print head 3-4 times to achieve better results.
Soak the printer cartridge
- Carefully remove the printer cartridge from the printer.
- Now place the cartridge into a bowl of warm water, so that the printhead get immersed.
- If there is any severe blockage, soak a cotton bud in the warm water and gently rub it across the area of the cartridge from where the ink comes out.
- Remove when the ink begins to flow into the water.
- Now, clean the dry nozzles use the paper towel or lint-free cloth.
- Repeat the step 2-3 time for better results.
If after trying these printer troubleshooting steps, the printer error remains the same, then without wasting more time take help from the professionals of printer service and get rid of the printer problem.
So, if you all find the printer troubleshooting steps useful regarding How To Fix Dry Printer Cartridge Issue? Then please do share this article with your friends, so that they can also get a resolution for the dry cartridge issue.