Before we tell you how to clean the rollers in a printer, let us explain you about the role if rollers and how do they work, printer rollers are the small circular rubber pieces that help feed printer paper through your printer. Over time, they can accumulate dust from the paper and ink residue from double-sided printing pages. So guys today we are going to tell you about how you can clean the rollers in a printer. This problem can be solved by cleaning the paper feed roller cold resolver your printing problem. Since cleaning the rollers in a printer can cause wear on the rollers, so before performing this task, you must keep this thing in mind that you have to complete this very carefully without any hurry. So follow the points mentioned below to get better results. Scroll down and get an appropriate solution for how to clean the rollers in a printer.
Cleaning the paper feed rollers can resolve the printing rollers
This is a ubiquitous question which everybody, and if you want the best solution for your Hp printer problem then you have to follow these simple steps which could help you to clean the rollers in the printer.
- Make sure that the power is turned On and remove the paper from a printer.
- Now gently open the paper output tray and extend to open the output tray extension.
- Go to the printer settings.
- Open system preference and click print and fax.
- From there select your printer name in the printer and clear print queue, select the utility/ printer setup icon.
- Select your printer name in the list and click Maintenance.
- Now clean the paper feed roller.
- Make sure that the cleaning option is selected in the pop-up menu.
- Now click “Roller Cleaning.”
- Now select the paper source to clean.
- Now click on an Ok option.
- Now confirm the displayed message and click Ok, the paper feed roller will rotate as it is cleaned.
After this be sure that the Paper Feed Roller stops rotating. When the message appears, load paper in the paper source you selected in the procedure of (3) in step Load three sheets of Letter-sized plain paper.
Confirm the displayed message, and click ‘OK.’ The paper that is loaded in the printer will feed through the printer and be ejected. Be aware do not perform any other operations until the printer completes the cleaning of the Paper Feed Roller.
When the completion message appears, click OK.
How do I clean the paper pick-up roller?
Below we are going to give you the information on how to clean the roller of the printer. Notice this thing that if the paper picks up roller is stained, the printer may not feed the paper. In that case clean the paper pick roller as follows:
1. First of all turn of the printer switch and unplug the printer from the wall output.
2. Now disconnect the power ford and interface cable from the printer.
3. Now pull out the paper tray from the printer.
4. Now dip the soft cloth in lukewarm water and wipe the separator pad in the paper tray with it.
5. Now clean the paper pick up roller inside the printer.
6. Now put back the printer tray into the printer.
7. Now your printer is ready to use so plug in the power cord and turn on the power switch of the printer.
How do you clean the roller on a canon printer?
We take care of all our viewers so for Canon users also we have given the instructions which they must follow to clean the roller of their canon printer. If you are trying to clean the roller of your printer then if you fail then you should take help from canon customer support as they assist their users till they get out of trouble.
1.Before performing this task prepare the printer.
2. Now open the printer driver setup window.
3. Now click on the roller cleaning on the maintenance tab.
4. Now select the rear tray and click on “OK” option.
5. Open the rear plate carefully.
6. After this Place a moistened cotton swab, etc. to one of the protrusions (A) of the feed roller shaft.
7. Now execute paper feed roller cleaning.
So friends for you all we have provided some tips through which you can get an idea how to clean the rollers of your printer and hope after following the points you got an appropriate result. If you don’t have knowledge about how to clean the rollers then you can take help from canon printer help, If you are not aware of it and you don’t know how to clean the rollers then our tips would be beneficial for you, so please do share our content with your friends and get all of them aware how to clean the rollers of their printer.