Many users ask this question that How do I clean Hp inkjet printer heads? So for those we have provided some points which might help you to get an idea about how you can clean the printer head of your printer, before we explain you about this let us tell you about what actually the printer head is, printer head plays a vital role as it is a heart of entire printer system. Below we have provided about how much time it would take and what’s the correct way to clean the printer head and what procedure should be followed to clean the Hp inkjet printer head. If you got aware that what steps should be taken when it’s good if you have some problem while doing this then you must ask for help from Hp printer customer support service which is provided by the technical team of Hp.
Steps to clean Hp inkjet printer heads
So guys here we have arranged some steps which should be taken to clean Hp inkjet printer heads, so just follow the steps in the same manner as provided.
⦁, First of all, collect all the required material for cleaning.
⦁ Remove clean and then reinstall the print head for that follow the steps below.
⦁ Open the cartridge access door.
⦁ Remove the cartridge and keep them on the piece of paper and keep one thing in mind that follow the opening point upward.
⦁ Note: do not leave the round outside the printer because it may affect both the printer as well as to the cartridge.
⦁ Lift the latch handle on the print carriage until it stops.
⦁ Lift up to remove the print head.
⦁ Now clean the print head
There are three ways to clean the print head
⦁ 1. Clean the plastic ramps on both sides of the nozzles.
⦁ 2.Edge between nozzle and contacts
⦁ 3.clean all the electrical connections
To clean the Hp inkjet printer heads, you can also follow some different the steps listed below
1. Clean the print head with lint-free cloth or paper.
2. Use distilled or bottled water.
3. Now Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth, and then wipe the electrical contact area from the bottom to the top. Do not clean beyond the edge between the nozzles and the electrical contacts. Clean until no new ink shows on the cloth.
4. Use a fresh, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe any accumulated ink and debris from the edge between the nozzles and the contacts.
5. Now use a clean, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe any accumulated ink and debris from the boundary between the nozzles and the connections.
Step two: Reset the printer
Follow these steps to reset the printer and clean the Hp inkjet printer heads.
⦁ Turn “ON” the printer, if it is not already “ON.”
⦁ Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
⦁ With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
⦁ Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
⦁ Wait at least 60 seconds.
⦁ Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
⦁ Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
⦁ Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
⦁ Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Ink system failures can cause a carriage stall when the printer resets. If the ink system failure requires that you return the printer for service, there is no need to resolve the carriage stall issue.
Step three: Replace the print head
If you have completed all the previous steps and the issue persists, replace the print head.
- Wait until you have a new print head assembly available before you remove the cartridges. HP recommends that you do not leave the rounds outside the printer longer than 30 minutes. This could damage both the printer and the cartridges.
- These steps apply to the United States only.
- If HP replaces your Hp inkjet print head assembly under warranty, you receive a new print head assembly, cleaning materials, and a full set of original ink cartridges.
- If your Hp inkjet printer head assembly is no longer under warranty, you can purchase a new one online.⦁ Under Find your part(s), type CN643A in the Search by part number text box.
⦁ Follow the on-screen instructions to order the Hp inkjet printer heads assembly.
- When you have the replacement print head, go to Replacing the Hp inkjet printer head for detailed instructions to remove the old print head and install the new one.
- Step four: Service the printer
- Follow these steps to service the printer.
Service or replace your HP product if you completed all preceding steps. So guys if you have followed all the above steps to clean the Hp inkjet printer heads and after following these steps if you got satisfied, then please do share this with all your near and dear ones. So friends keep supporting and keep sharing our article because it would be a help for those who are facing problem in how to clean Hp inkjet printer heads.